The Michigan Opportunity Podcast celebrates a year of insightful and dynamic conversations
The Michigan Opportunity Podcast, hosted by the Michigan Economic Development Corporation, launches its 52nd podcast episode today, marking its one-year anniversary.
Over the past year, listeners have heard from a wide range of Michigan business leaders and innovators about how the state is driving job growth and business investment, supporting a thriving entrepreneurial ecosystem, creates vibrant communities and helps attract and retain one of the most diverse and talented workforces in the country.
In today’s anniversary episode, we reversed that and put host Ed Clemente on the other side of the microphone to share his insights and lessons from the past year of podcasting. Hosted by Michelle Grinnell, Senior Vice President of Marketing and Communications at MEDC, the 52nd episode features Ed sharing his thoughts and learnings from the podcast so far, and what people can expect to hear at approaching the second year.
The podcast really showed the “bench depth” of this state. Over the past year, we have highlighted a variety of companies, entrepreneurs, public sector, higher education, non-profit organizations, international players, leaders and economic development organizations across the state, and how everyone is truly part of an ecosystem called Michigan. – which plays well for our future economy!
In its first year, The Michigan Opportunity podcast hosted an eclectic but insightful cast of guests for every episode. From academics, small business owners, entrepreneurs, futurists and heads of state, The Michigan Opportunity features episodes covering a wide range of topics, including:
Technology and innovation
- Lieutenant Governor Garlin Gilchrist II
- Dr. Parag Khanna, Founder and Managing Partner, Future Map
- Eric Roberts, Executive Director, 20Fathoms
- Dr. Weisong Shi, Associate Dean and Professor of Computer Science, Wayne State University
- Deidre Mitchell, Waséyabek Development Company, LLC, Nottawaseppi Huron Band of the Potawatomi
- Dr. Tarek Sobh, Vice President of Academic Affairs, Provost, New LTU President
- Bobby Hopewell, President and CEO, Mobile Health Resources
- Quentin L. Messer, Jr., CEO, MEDC
- Ryan Hundt, CEO, MichiganWorks! Association
- Dr. Britany Affolter-Caine, Executive Director, University Research Corridor
- JoAnn Crary, President, Saginaw Future
- Marty Fittante, CEO of Invest UP
- Dr. Bill Pink President, Grand Rapids Community College
- Fay Beydoun, Executive Director, Arab-American Chamber of Commerce
- Ray Lozano, Mexicantown Community Development Corporation
tourism and hospitality
Mobility and electrification
The fourth industrial revolution
The Michigan Opportunity serves as a forward-thinking voice for Michigan as a conduit to global trends and applications to the new global economy. The podcast is another way MEDC will continue to build on its ongoing efforts to highlight the state’s economic recovery efforts, market the state, and promote Michigan as a world-class place to do business. .
To listen to the first anniversary and find the full list of episodes, go to michiganbusiness.org/podcast.
To see why businesses choose Michigan, visit michiganbusiness.org/why-michigan.
About the Michigan Economic Development Corporation (MEDC)
The Michigan Economic Development Corporation is the state’s marketing arm and primary advocate for business development, employment awareness, and community development, with a focus on growing Michigan’s economy. For more information about the MEDC and our initiatives, visit www.MichiganBusiness.org. For Pure Michigan® travel information, your trip begins at www.michigan.org. Join the conversation on: Facebook instagram LinkedInand Twitter.