Sony Electronics names “New Era Creative Space” as fifth recipient of CREATE ACTION grant
The last winner, New Era Creative Space, exists to enrich the lives of children and young people by involving them in creative initiatives and by promoting personal development and family and community engagement. Through collaboration with a multidisciplinary team of local organizations, artists and families, the organization offers creative and experiential programs, while fostering problem-solving skills, socio-emotional learning and a sense of the citizenship.
“We are delighted that New Era Creative Space is the fifth organization to receive Sony’s CREATE ACTION grant,” commented Neal manowitz, President and COO, Sony Electronics Inc. “Since launching the initiative in June, we have brought together the collective Sony resources (funding, products, accessibility and creativity) to support exactly this type of organization, and we look forward to seeing these organizations thrive. “
Since the creation of the program, $ 500,000 In CREATE THE ACTION, grants have been awarded to the following beneficiary organizations:
- New Era Creative Space – develop creative, inclusive and accessible educational programs, promote excellence and empower young people and their families to strive to reach their full potential.
- The dream of the fire station – Connecting young adults with a safe space to discover their creative skills, while equipping them with a variety of life and career-focused tools needed to thrive in all areas of their lives.
- Totem star – Support a diverse community of young recording artists in learning music and life skills through mentorship and meaningful relationships. Organizational work in the studio and on stage fosters the growth of collaboration, leadership and personal identity.
- Youth beat – Provide free digital media training to children in some of the poorest neighborhoods in the Bay Area. The mission of the organization is to help young people from disadvantaged neighborhoods embark on the path of success in university, in their careers and in life. Learn more about the organization HERE.
- Reading quest – Provide free structured literacy tutoring and social and emotional support to hundreds of striving readers. The organization offers tutoring focused on reading skills and empowers children to believe in themselves as they become strong and enthusiastic readers. Learn more about the organization HERE.
The CREATE ACTION initiative is inspired by Sony’s work with Los Angelesteam based in Our own, a leading organization focused on racial equity and social justice.
The winning organizations receive:
- $ 50,000 to agree
- $ 50,000 in Sony Electronics products
- A bespoke short film promoting the organization’s mission and efforts, created in collaboration with a team of Sony-affiliated creators
- Support of the Sony brand and platform to help spread their message and increase awareness
- Additional opportunities for collaboration with Sony Electronics and an extensive network of business partners
Through CREATE ACTION, Sony selects ten organizations to participate and receive a grant, with new organizations being regularly announced by the June 2021 kick-off March 2022.
Eligible nonprofits must be registered 501 (c) (3) charities with less than $ 500,000 in annual operating revenue for 2019 and 2020, with a key focus on programs including, but not limited to be limited to:
- STEAM education (Science, Technology, Engineering, Arts and Mathematics)
- Academic enrichment
- Workforce Development
- Community and civic engagement
For more information, see the official rules of the Sony Electronics Create Action Grants Program, including rewards, entry instructions, and more. and to apply for a CREATE ACTION grant, please visit: www.alphauniverse.com/createaction
About Sony Electronics Inc.
Sony Electronics is a subsidiary of Sony Corporation of America and a subsidiary of Sony Group Corporation, one of the world’s most comprehensive entertainment companies, with a portfolio that spans electronics, music, movies, mobiles, games, robotics and financial services. Based at San diego, california, Sony Electronics is a leader in electronics for the consumer and professional markets. Operations include research and development, engineering, sales, marketing, distribution and customer service. Sony Electronics creates products that innovate and inspire generations, such as award-winning Alpha interchangeable lens cameras and groundbreaking high-resolution audio products. Sony is also a leading manufacturer of end-to-end solutions for 4K professional broadcast and A / V equipment to industry leaders 4K and 8K Ultra HD TVs. Visit http://www.sony.com/news for more information.
SOURCE Sony Electronics Inc.