Cambridge Audio releases new firmware and application enhancements for the excellent Melomania Touch
Cambridge Audio is the UK audio brand that has produced some of the best mid-range audio equipment for half a century. A few years ago, the company launched its own line of true wireless headphones under the Melomania brand and received praise for bringing hi-fi sound to the headphone market.
Cambridge Audio has now released a significant firmware update for its popular Melomania Touch model of true wireless in-ear headphones that offer improved Bluetooth connectivity, in-app EQ presets, as well as more refinement for customize the functionality of the headset touch controls. I reviewed these headphones at the time, they sound great with real hi-fi sound. You can read my review here.
Existing Melomania Touch owners can update their Melomania app to the latest version and then download the latest firmware so they can benefit from the enhancements. Once they have been updated to the new V2.1.9 firmware update, users will experience less background noise during voice calls and when transparency mode is activated.
I applied the firmware update to a pair of Melomania Touch and noticed an improvement in the volume controls so that the sound cuts out completely when the headphones are set to minimum volume. A new neutral equalizer is also offered in the updated app. The EQ preset that was previously called Balanced is now known as Immersive
The Melomania Touch now has an improved auto power on / off function as well as better behavior of the LED status indicators. Besides the subtle changes introduced by the new firmware, users are expected to experience better performance compared to earlier firmware and applications. I can confirm this as the first Melomania Touch sample I tried had issues updating the firmware and this issue has now been resolved.
Commenting on the firmware and app update, James Johnson-Flint, CEO of Cambridge Audio, said:. “
The Melomania Touch headphones follow on the success of the company’s first true wireless headphones, the award-winning Melomania 1 and 1+, both featuring a sleek, unobtrusive design with intuitive touch controls, excellent sound performance and long battery life. battery life. It’s a great pair of headphones and affordable for premium sound.
Price and availability: The Melomania Touch headphones are available for purchase from Amazon, Cambridge Audio and Richer Sounds and are priced at £ 119.95 / € 119.95 / $ 119.95.
More information: www.cambridgeaudio.com
- Bluetooth: version 5.0, class 2
- Processor: Triple-core processor architecture: 32-bit dual-core processor application subsystem and Qualcomm QCC3020 single-core 120Mhz Kalimba DSP audio subsystem
- Profiles: A2DP, AVRCP, HSP, HFP
- Audio codecs: aptX, AAC, SBC
- Latency: low (although dependent on codec and streaming service)
- Driver: 7mm dynamic with graphene enhanced membrane
- Frequency response: 20Hz – 20kHz
- Total harmonic distortion:
- Battery life (headphones): up to 9 hours (continuous A2DP playback) * In low power mode
- Battery life (total): up to 50 hours (9 + 41) * In low power mode
- Charging time: approx. 120 minutes (0% to 100%)
- Power supply: 5V, 500 mA (or more): USB charging (USB-C cable supplied)
- Microphones: MEMS with cVc noise cancellation
- Microphone sensitivity: 100 dB SPL at 1 kHz
- Frequency response (microphone): 100 Hz to 8 kHz
- Voice control: Siri (iOS) / Google Assistant (Android)
- IPX Rating: IPX4 water splash resistant (earphones and case)
- Weight: Earphones: 5.9g each (11.8g for both earphones); Charging case: 56 g; Total: 68g
- Color / Finish (Earphones): Black: Glossy outer surface, White: Glossy outer surface
- Color / finish (case): Black: Premium microfiber leather, White: Premium microfiber leather (vegan friendly)